Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Phishing attacks

There has been a huge wave of phishing attacks again the largest bank in Czech Republic. I'm on the list and it certainly interesting to monitor them. Some of them are in English and thus doomed to failure. Others are written in perfect Czech and their content makes them appealing. For example, their warn against other attacks (yes, I know that this is not an official message).
But the best are translated by machine. Note that Czech is very difficult and machine translations are ridiculously funny. The latest email is probably the best

"Drahoušek Zákazník,

Ceska Sporitelna docasný prerušit tvuj úcet."

Which is something like

"Sweetheart customer

We temporary account yours suspend" (hard to translate, I exaggerate).
I have to say that I'm still looking for a bank to call me sweetheart in a mass email.

No comments: