Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More and more ...

What makes us keep going forward? Why everybody wants more and more? It's quite sad to watch blogs of rather reasonable people making surely reasonably amounts of money, who just bought a great car but dream for better one. Or they desperately new those historical watches, or some art or bigger house.
Money are great,and it's great if you have them, but why keep pushing for more? Some research is out there and it is as depressing as the fact itself. It's the social status, not the money or things themselves. You don't really need new Porsche, it's the chance to show off. For such stupid thing you spend best years of your life hidden in offices for 80+ hours week. And when you make it, you want more...
I'm smart enough to realize that I'm a victim, too. I want this I surely don't need. It's time to fight this irrationality - I will stop buying thinks right now. I just need to wait for already ordered things to come.

Money bring freedom, things take it away. OK, books are on the exemption list in my household. They costs peanuts, anyway.

No comments: